Hollow bottom

The botttoms of some of my loaves tend to… suck in… Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
It happens mainly on my brioche which is pictured and some of my sandwich loaves(mainly white flour). Whenever i add varying amounts of wheat flour it doesnt happen as often or as noticeable.

I had such problem and it was because of increased moisture content in the dough piece.
The following factors contribute to the increased moisture content in the dough piece:
Basic: Too much liquid was added when kneading the dough. Liquid is a collection of water, juice, eggs, and other liquid products such as cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, and others.
When kneading, too much cheese was added to the dough, which, when the bread machine was heated, melted and added excess liquid.
Too much humidity and warm weather, as well as high temperatures in the kitchen and outside. By increasing the ambient temperature and heating the bread machine when kneading dough, it makes the dough more liquid and softer than required by the rules of the bun.
When kneading, grains, bran, dried fruits, raisins, soaked the day before in liquid, were added to the dough, which gave an additional amount of moisture.
When kneading, a larger amount of fruits and vegetables, cut coarsely or on a grater, was added to the dough than was required to form a kolobok, and these products were added at the very beginning of the dough kneading, and were ground to a fine state with a kneading knife.
When kneading dough, too much food was added and the bread maker could not knead the dough. There was not enough space for the dough piece, the kneading blade could not cope with the kneading of a large number of products.
When kneading, too much butter, butter in pieces, fatty foods, which are also liquid, were put into the dough. From heating the bread machine during kneading, solid fats become soft and give excess moisture to the dough.
When kneading the dough, low-quality flour ground from germinated or frost-cut grain was laid. Therefore, flour and bread contain a lot of water-soluble substances, a large amount of starch, and due to hydrolysis, bread contains a lot of water.
When kneading the dough, high-moisture flour was used.

1 Like

THANK YOU! That was the conclusion I was coming too also. I’m trying again this week with less water in my feed. I do try and keep my dough below 82F, chilling my bowl & hook if necessary and making sure my butter isn’t to warm.
Thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time to answer and all the info you gave me!
:crossed_fingers: my next ones come out better!