Whole wheat doughs versus white flour

Many recipes have a fair amount of white flour in them , sometimes the split is 1/2 whole frain 1/2 wite. I am interested in getting some someguid ,line about dividing the white flour by? amount with whole wheat and/or rye to give a healthier loaf.
In doing that would the amount of water change as well?
Thanks for all your help

IMO a nice hydration for an all white loaf, high enough for a good crumb but not too high that it can’t be handled, is 70%

For whole wheat I find 80% hydration is just nice. Not too high that it’s sticky but not too low either.

When I do a mix of flours i’ll calculate how much white flour is the recipe and add enough water for 70% hydration. And i’ll do the same for whole wheat and calculate 80% hydration. For example…

500g flour 50:50 white flour and whole wheat flour.

This gives us 250g white flour + 250g whole wheat flour.

70% hydration for 250g white flour = 175g water
80% hydration for 250g whole wheat flour = 200g water

So for 500g flour with a mix of 250g white + 250g whole wheat flour you’ll need something in the range of 375g water.

If it’s a little on the dry side (as 70% and 80% hydration is the lowest i’d go for white and whole wheat flours but not the highest as depending on what type of wheat and where its from etc some are thirstier than others) then after the dough is formed you can always add a little extra water till it feels right. Aim for tacky but not sticky.

Thanks Abe for the guidlines…will try that