Delicious

2 Likes

Lovely loaf Jess, I particularly like the crumb, nice and open
Benny

Thanks Doc, I just subscribed to your channel. I am a physician as well

Cheers,

Jesse

1 Like

That’s cool Jess, I’m gradually meeting more and more physician bakers. What kind of medicine do you practice? I’m a Family Physician specializing in HIV.
Benny

I’m a Dermatologist in Sacramento California. I’ve been baking bread for about 20 years

In a previous home I even built a wood burning brick oven in my backyard from the classic Alan Scott design

I have a 30 quart commercial mixer in my garage

Jesse

Hello Jess,
I’m also a physician, a psychiatrist in Portland, OR but I went to high school in Sacramento. I baked my first loaf of bread in 1981 after taking a weekend bread baking class from the white house pastry chef while doing a residency in Washington, D.C., but my first loaf of sourdough was around '97 after reading, “Amy’s Bread.” However, I’ve only baked regularly the past couple of years.

My wife teases me about all my bread books and baking stuff, and I think she’d go bananas if I installed a wood burning brick oven in the back yard and had that mixer in the garage.

I love the crust on your loaf baked in the Challenger. How do you like it compared to a dutch oven or other baking vessels you’ve used?

Richard

Sorry for the delayed reply. The Challenger is great. I got it as a gift. Not sure I would have spent the money myself

I use Lodge cast iron 5qt Dutch ovens for boules

Prior to the Challenger, I use a clay batard Dutch oven from breadtopia

Wow…what great looking bread…envious.