Spely bread with yeast

Hi Melissa,
'I tried doing the spelt bread with yeast; it was a success , especually for my spouse who seems to be sensitive to sourdough. I, on the other hand, found it a bit disapppointing : the taste was not the same and to my surprise the crumb seemed too" tight", but the taste was good.
I ddi usemy Raisenne dough raiser because our house is kept at a low temp; am not sure if that ( a more rapid rir than in the open air of our house ) would havemade a difference in te crumb. The bulk rise was about 6 1/2 hours; used a 1/4 tsp of yeast

Any feedback would be great, thanks…

Happy New Year to you all if I had not already wished it

The flavor is indeed different with yeast vs sourdough, and there is not much you can do to fix that (apart from adding sourdough to a yeast dough / adding yeast to a sourdough dough or building a yeast-favoring starter with sugar and low hydration).

As for the tight crumb, 6.5 hours should be enough time for passive gluten development to happen, but slowing down the rise could still help the crumb. Also, you could use more water the next time if you found the dough was easy to handle.

Thanks for those tips…will try next time your auggestions