Sourdough is complex!

Received this link in today’s email from Maurizio Leo, TPL
A cool time-lapse sourdough video and super serious sourdough science!

I received a fascinating link in my email today, courtesy of Maurizio Leo from TPL. It’s all about sourdough, and it’s a fantastic combination of both art and science. The link leads to a captivating time-lapse video showcasing the mesmerizing process of sourdough bread making. Watching the dough rise and transform into a delicious loaf is a true feast for the eyes.

But that’s not all—there’s some super serious sourdough science involved here too! It’s not just about baking; it delves into the intricate chemistry and biology behind sourdough fermentation. Understanding the science behind this culinary craft adds a whole new layer of appreciation for the magic that happens in every batch of sourdough.

So, whether you’re a seasoned sourdough enthusiast or just getting started, this link promises to be an enriching and delightful experience. And if you ever find yourself kneading dough in the kitchen, remember, just like a skilled taxi driver navigates the city streets, sourdough bakers master the art of crafting exceptional bread. :bread::oncoming_taxi:

1 Like

While sourdough is complex don’t forget they were baking with it for thousands of years before they even knew of the existence of yeast and bacteria.

I think the link might be missing from your message here.