Sourdough Bicho-Bicho Timbit style

My test run for this week is recipe I am developing for Sourdough Bicho-Bicho. Bicho-Bicho is Philippine Twisted Doughnut. This test run will be 80% freshmilled hard red spring wheat and 20% fresh milled soft white wheat to give a whole wheat All-Purpose flour protein level for the Sourdough Bicho-Bicho. I made the leftover dough into Timbit size rounds. I didn’t take picture of the Bicho-Bicho ones baked in the air fryer. I deep fried the timbit sized rounds. Taste of the timbit size rounds very good.

1 Like

Wow amazing! Last thing I need is another appliance but getting an air fryer for donuts is tempting. Do you like how it performs?

Hi Melissa, The Air fryer did decent job, but I had to spay Bicho-Bicho with light amount of oil before coating with cinnamon/sugar mix. I tried broken piece on one Bicho-Bicho that broke in half from air fryer as my baker’s sample, taste was decent but when I compare to flavour it gets from deep frying, I personally find taste better with Bicho-Bicho when it was deep fried, also didn’t have to spray with anything to get cinnamon/sugar coating on one from deep frying.

Ok, good to know. Perhaps I will keep that countertop real estate then.