Shaping bulky bread

How would you shape and score bread that is bulky, due to a large amount of add-ins, for example jalapeño cheddar that has cubed as well as shredded cheese and sliced jalapeños? I have had the dough tear when I try to do the shaping.
Thank you so much! I so enjoy your articles and comments!

If the dough is tearing then you are ovet shaping. Ignore the add-ins and shape as normal.

When dough has a lot of inclusions (add-ins or stuff stuck to the dough, e.g. seeds), scoring is often easier, and with better results, using a serrated knife. Most (all?) bread dough can be easily scored with a serrated knife, you just can’t do the fancy little cuts some folks do with a razor blade. If you cut slowly, a serrated knife can pull the dough from several points making a mess. Cutting slow with a razor blade can pull he dough, too. Also, it can be easier to score dough when there is flour dusted on the outside of loaf.

Serrated knife, quick strokes.

Thank you so much for your comment. The tearing has actually occurred before I have really started the shaping process. The cubed cheese seems to be a problem and any shaping just makes it worse.

Sounds like the dough is breaking down. Are we talking about a sourdough? And which cheese do you use? Breaking down can be over fermentation or the acidity is too high.