Romertopf French Bread baker - does it still exist?

hi! This is my first post.
I am using the Jim Lahey No Knead book, and it recommends (among other things) the Romertopf French Bread baker which looks like a long planter.

I can’t seem to find this for sale anywhere. Bed Bath & Beyond has a photo:

But they say it is not available.
Can’t find on Williams Sonoma, Amazon, Ebay, etc.
Suggestions invited.
Mary

Looks like you have several choices at Breadtopia.

Dave

Good morning @mstrimel Mary and welcome to our Forum!

While I don’t know about the availability of a Romertopf French bread maker, I do agree with @dave_r that you have excellent alternative choices here at Breadtopia through the store. I own and use exclusively the country loaf size (oval) Breadtopia covered clay baker. It’s the only bread baking “pan” I’ve got and I love it. The Breadtopia oblong covered clay baker appears be the appropriate size if you’re looking for a French bread-type loaf. You might want to consider measuring your oven to make sure whatever baker you’re looking into will fit. I have a small oven and the oblong simply won’t fit in my oven.

Baking blessings,
Leah

@mstrimel Mary, here’s a direct link to the oblong clay baker. I forgot to attach it above.

https://breadtopia.com/store/breadtopia-cloche-bread-baker-oblong/

Leah

Thanks! That is very helpful. I had looked through the options but not spotted it. It looks very similar to the other one. Happy baking!

1 Like

Yes, I purchased this one from Breadtopia and I love it ! I use it every time I bake bread.