Rehydrating my Starter

I dehydrated my started in June of last year because we were going to be traveling for a long while. I rehydrated a portion of it last summer successfully, but I am having trouble now. I did 10g of dried starter to 10g of water. I followed the instructions on the link below. I got to day 4 and did the discard and feed. But now it smells like dough instead of how it should smell. I discarded all but 1/4cup and did a feed to 1/2cup water and 1/3cup water I transferred to a smaller mason jar and here’s to hoping. Should I give up or maybe add some more of the dehydrated starter? I have lots more… should I start again?

thesourdoughjourney. com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/How-to-Rehydrate-Dried-Sourdough-Starter.pdf

When rehydrating starter it’s best not to discard and feed again, after the initial feed, until you see some activity.

How much dried starter do you have left?

I have lots left!

There was some bubbling but no growth. It had that distinctive smell but then today had no smell and no bubbles. That’s why I did another discard and feed.

That’s why you should have left it alone and just stirred!

For the next day or two, or even three, don’t feed it. Keep warm and give it a good stir every 12 hours. See if it perks up.

Thank you! I am still new to all of this.