Raspberry Pistachio Pinwheel Cookies

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the “Reply” button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue “Log In” button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:

Those are very beautiful, very delectable looking cookies! The second pic with the stacked cookies couple be a cookbook cover. I appreciate the flavor combination of orange and pistachio in biscotti, image it excels in those cookies with the dates.

Thank you :blush: I enjoy taking photos and find it really satisfying when I get good shots. I’m planning to candy orange peels today and you’ve inspired me to use them in biscotti with pistachios at some point. I’m also planning to use the peels in a “vaguettone” aka panettone for vagos (lazy people), that a baker named @opelauro on Instagram has developed. It has pasta madre and yeast.

Delicious! I made them this afternoon with the date filling option. I replaced some of the water in the date filling with the juice from my zested orange, really yummy and orangey.

@Fermentada - I REALLY appreciate all the process photos you always include with your recipes. It helps to see exactly what the author means by an instruction like “combine just until moist” or “don’t overmix” or other recipe terms that have made me scratch my head!

I’m glad you find the photos helpful. I’m the same way with wanting visual info to clarify the words. I recently made a bread off words and a very sped up video, and I paused the video sooooo much to try to see the dough better lol.