Olive Baguettes

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the “Reply” button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue “Log In” button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:

Melissa, you are wonderful. Can I marry you? !!! (Thank you once again for a recipe I can’t wait to try)

Olive Baguettes are right up there as an all-time favorite. Thanks for the inspiration this weekend.

@Lambert I hope you enjoy the recipe. Lemme assure that you being married to someone who bakes for work has its downsides e.g.
“Don’t touch that until I take photos” and “Yes, we’re having the hamburgers on mystery bread from the freezer” :joy:

1 Like

@Moonmare You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy them. I plan to do another batch soon, possibly with green olives.

I do not prefer the taste of rye flour. Is there another type we can substitute?

At 5% of the total flour, you can pretty much substitute in any flour you want.
Drop the water a bit for einkorn. Increase the water a bit for a really strong whole wheat flour.

Great recipe, thank you Melissa!
I didn’t have rye flour and I substituted that with flaxseed meal.
Otherwise followed the recipe completely and it was just as amazing as the olive bread on Arthur Ave.

You’re welcome. Flaxmeal sounds really tasty! I am adding Arthur Ave eating to my to-do list. Do you have recommendations on which bakeries / shops to go to?

Madonia Bakery is regionally famous for perfecting olive bread, but they have many other delicious offerings there and in the surrounding shops and restaurants.

Thank you!

Excellent! Nice crust, moist. Made as directed, baked in oblong clay baker (Denver altitude).
Thank you.

Beautiful!