Oktoberfest 2022 Pretzels

Since it is now Oktoberfest 2022, I made some Pretzels to bring to work to share with some co-workers. After the folding of dough after 1 hour of bulk fermentation, I completed the bulk fermentation overnight in the refrigerator then by 3:50 am I began the dividing and shaping, after shaping pretzels stayed at room temperature for 20 minutes then pretzels were place in refrigerator for 1 hour before dipping in 3.8 % lye (sodium hydroxide) solution, then after placing on my loading board the pretzels were salted with Celtic Sea Salt. By 7:15 am pretzels were cooling. I then packaged individually and brought to work. My co-workers said Pretzel’s tasted awesome, some said excellent. Everyone really enjoyed them.

1 Like

Lucky colleagues. Have you brewed your own beer too? I’d like to one day. Will you bring the pretzels?

I am not into beer making. For me I am into Kombucha, bread making, bbq and knife sharpening. I am making 26 more pretzels tomorrow to share with family. If you are in my area I would be willing to bring over some fresh made pretzels.

1 Like

Are you in London, UK?

I am in Edmonton, Alberta

Well that would be a long walk :slight_smile:

I shall just have to enjoy them through a computer screen. Thank you for the very kind offer. They look delicious.

1 Like

Here are pictures of larger batch I did for family members for Oktoberfest. The one I forgot to salt, I am keeping for home.

1 Like