Ny deli rye bread

Good morning Abe and Melissa and evryone else ( from Boston )

Followubg my last e mail : I baked this morning ( photo attacthed ); have not tasted it yet but just removed the lid for the last 10 minutes and bottom is brown,not burnt. I just left it in my cloche.
One more question : In the video Melissa dumps the bread from her banneton onto a parchment paper glazes it and scores it and then puts a cloche top ? bottom ? over the bread and then bakes?
When I dumped my loaf onto the parchment paper seam was on the bottom of clousure and the loaf that I was looking at was seamless so I glazed, scored it and then placed it directly into my cloche with the parchemnt paper on the bottom.
My over bake time seems a bit much but that is my oven.
Always appreciate your good thoughts…Thanks

2 Likes

Everyone’s baking vessel shape and oven is different, so definitely go with your crust-color preference and judgment on what to do with the lid.

I did what you described: flip dough out of the basket onto the paper, now the smooth-side is up, brush off excess flour, brush on glaze, sprinkle seeds, score, lift the paper and place dough into the vessel with the parchment paper still under the dough.

1 Like

Looks perfect to me. I’ll have a salt beef sandwich please!

That looks amazing!

Wow! Outstanding. :+1: