Naturally Leavened Einkorn Bread

• 500g wholegrain einkorn flour
  • 190g water
  • 145g plain yoghurt
  • 15g honey
  • 10g fennel seeds
  • 8g salt
  • 100g mature einkorn starter @ 100% hydration

Thank you Melissa for the inspiration. When I looked up online how to substitute the milk for yoghurt for the most part the advice was just do a straight swap weight for weight as long as its a liquid yoghurt. So keeping the final dough at 70% hydration (excluding the starter) I did one small yoghurt pot (145g) + 3% of the flour for honey and made up the rest with water. Mixed it all up into a no knead dough, covered and bulk fermented till ready which was about 6 hours (give or take). With wet hands, and keeping it in the mixing bowl, I folded the dough into a ball, picked it up and moulded it into a log then placed it into a prepared Pullman loaf pan. Final proofed till ready which was about 1.5 hours ish.

Not too different to my own lean version I settled on a few years ago. I also found that 70% hydration was just right even for a wholegrain version and 10% starter with a long all night ferment.

Its cooling and won’t be cutting into it for a day or two but looks grand and lovely aroma.