Mockmil problem: I can no longer set at finest setting

Hi, I have a Mockmill 100. It’s about 5 years old. Lately, it’s been getting tougher and tougher to move the lever to the left to reach the mill’s finest setting. I’ve opened it up and cleaned it, but that did not help, and I’m not sure what to do next. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thank you!

@quartet1977 Hi Matt, Though I don’t know the answer to your question directly, I was able to find an online version of the Mockmill 100 instruction manual. I’ve included the link below. Perhaps the answer you seek is in the troubleshooting portion of the manual. Hope this helps.

MM_100-200_Anleitung_EN.pdf (mockmill.us)

Blessings,
Leah

Thanks!! I found that earlier. Alas, it doesn’t have the info I need. I’m thinking it may be time to upgrade to the 200.

Have a great weekend!
Matt

Why don’t you contact Mockmil at www.mockmil.us? I’m sure they can help you. If it needs repair, isn’t the warrenty good for 13 years?
Richard

I did contact them. I thought someone here might be helpful as well.

I use the mill in my bakery so no warranty.

Hi. I’m the Mockmill USA Tech Support Guy. Here is your fix: Find the place where the top stone sits on the springs. In these slots, you will find lots of compacted flour. Dig this out. It is keeping the top stone from seating properly.

Hi John, thanks for the reply! I’ve already thoroughly cleaned everything, and the problem persists. I’m talking to Paul Lebeau later today on a video chat so he can look at the mill. Fingers crossed.