Maple Smoked Cheddar Cheese Pretzels

This was my production batch for Maple smoked cheddar cheese pretzels recipe I designed. I used what I learned from Jeffrey Hamelman when I made his recipe for Levain Cheese bread which used 20% cheese, 10% cubed and 10% shredded. For the pretzels I used fresh yeast and I used 20% shredded Maple Smoked cheese. Reason why I used all shredded cheese was that cubes would have made the pretzel shaping more difficult. After the pretzel dough was formed I then Incorporated the shredded cheddar cheese into the dough. After dipping pretzels in 3.8 % lye solution, I put small amount of the shredded cheddar cheese on top. I then scored and baked the Pretzels. This production batch was for family members and my regular official test testers. I also did pilot batch of 23 pretzels which 20 were to share with member of same department that I work with and remaining 3 for home use. Photo is from Production batch which was baked this morning.

1 Like

Wow. Those look and sound incredible :clap:

1 Like

I agree with Melissa, those look and sound amazing. I’d love to have one right about now.
Benny

1 Like

Thank you, Everyone enjoyed them and they really liked the Pretzels.

Too bad we didn’t live closer to each other. I like sharing.

1 Like