Maple Oat Sourdough Sandwich bread

I’m a beginner sourdough baker. I just started a few months ago when my best friend gave me a sourdough starter. She was gifted the starter from someone else. She had no idea what to do with it. I was curious so I took it. My basic sourdough breads are decent. But this Maple Oat Sourdough loaf has been my best bake so far. It took forever to double in the bulk ferment, so I finally got it in the oven last night at midnight! I was so tired I forgot the oats on top. Nevertheless, it’s delicious! The rise could be better. It really needed another hour in the loaf pan, but it was late, and I wanted to go to bed!

Recipe

I used fresh raw milk, olive oil, Breadtopia bread flour, sprouted rolled oats, grade B maple syrup, and Breadtopia whole wheat bread flour. I performed 4 stretch and folds. The bulk ferment was with damp towel on counter for 12hrs. Then an hour in the loaf pan in a warm spot. Baked it just as it says in recipe.

2 Likes

That looks like a beautiful loaf, Jessica. I’m eager to see a photo of the crumb. I’ll bet it tastes great.
Richard

1 Like

I made it again today. Fixed my mistakes. Todays loaf was gorgeous as it went in the oven. I made sure to let it rise until it was over the loaf pan and made sure to add the oats on top! The crumb is exactly like sandwich bread. Soft and delicious!

1 Like

Nicely done, Jessica.
Richard

1 Like