Gluten Free Pizza

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the “Reply” button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue “Log In” button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:

1 Like

That’s a fantastic looking gluten free pizza Melissa. I wonder if adding some sugar and/or milk powder to the dough would give the crust a more typical caramelisation.

Good question. I wonder how sweet you have to get for the color to start to show up. (A few of the recipes I saw had vinegar in them which I believe would have sent things into an even paler direction.)
I also had a funny moment where I contemplated diastatic barley malt powder only to remember my goal was gluten-free with this recipe!

How about Sorghum Malt?

Oooh that would be neat to try

Hello. I haven’t made this yet as I just started the gf sourdough starter and am researching recipes. But I’m almost certain the organic Red Star yeast you recommend and link to in this has gluten. I found it labeled with gluten and use a non-organic but non-gmo, gluten free Red Star instead until I can find an organic gf yeast. I could be wrong.

Thank you so much for the heads-up on this. I’ll fix the recipe!

I’m not a gluten fan, but this pizza is a taste sensation.

1 Like