De Tradition Baguettes

This week I wanted to practice making De Tradition Baguettes. My goal was to minimize degassing of the dough after bulk fermentation and to prevent degassing during final shaping so that there would be more irregular hole structure in the Baguettes. I coated the top with rye bran, as I had left over rye bran from when I made medium rye flour,last year. Very happy with color of the De Tradition Baguettes and the irregular hole structure. Next week I will be making ‘Pain de Campagne’, Martin Phillip from KingArthurBaking shared recipe on YouTube.

3 Likes

Had t make 2nd batch as my family really likes the taste.

1 Like

Your baguette scoring looks so good!

1 Like

Thank you Melissa,

Third batch that I made last night. My son finished the 2nd batch and he need more for remainder of week. I rolled these ones out slightly longer, I like this length so I will likely keep making this length for future batches.

Lucky kid with the fresh baked baguettes from Dad!

1 Like

What’s not to like about those. Looks crunchy and soft. Really nice.

1 Like

Last October, the French authorities and the Bakers’ Federation lowered the maximum amount of salt permitted in bread to 1.4% of flour. Last year it had been reduced to 1.5%. Step by step, they’re getting closer to my idea of salt in bread.