Brod & Taylor dough whisk opinions

I’m interested in hearing from owners of the Brod &Taylor dough whisk. I’m in the market and this model seems very stout since the wire runs through the length of the handle. A lot of these whisks seem to fail at the attachment point of the handle and the wire. Thanks in advance.

Overwhelmingly, it is the best dough whisk I have gotten my hands on, so far. There may be other whisks as good or better, but I haven’t found one. You are correct, it is more stout (and heavier) than the wooden handled whisks. It is also much more comfortable to hold, longer handle. The loopy metal part is a little heavier gauge wire than the wooden handle whisk. Also seems much more stiff. The whisk works well as a bowl scraper, can put some pressure on it without compromising the whisk itself.

I tend be a little hard on these tools. I can murder a wooden handle dough whisk in as little as 6 months, use a dough whisk maybe 3 times a week. They loosen where the wire is inserted into the wooden handle, and then it is down hill from there. The B&T whisk arrived (from Breadtopia) in early Feb this year. So far (3 months), it is holding up extremely well, doesn’t show any sign of use, nothing getting loose.

Loopy part, B&T on the right:

Handle length, B&T on right:

Wire thickness, B&T on the right:

Mahalo to Otis for the review on the review of this dough whisk. It is built like a tank. The steel wires barely flex when mixing a sourdough to the “shaggy” stage. Biscuit and cookie doughs are a breeze. Yet the soft touch handle material is comfortable even when you have to take a firm grip when the dough starts coming together. Clean up is a breeze since there is no annoying hole at the top of the handle for dough to hide.

I wish I could have bought it from Breadtopia since they have it at a good price and free shipping to the US mainland for qualifying orders, but I am in the Aloha state and high shipping costs are just part of the paradise tax.