Breadtopia 00 flour

Just got my Ooni pizza oven this week. It took forever to get, ordered may 22nd. It was worth the wait. This is my 2nd bake using Breadtopia 00 flour, I used active dry yeast for now. I will be making sourdough soon. Very happy with results and takes less than 2 minutes to cook a Neapolitan style pie.

3 Likes

Those pizzas look absolutely amazing and delicious, and I’m glad you got your Ooni before the outdoor cooking season ended, though depending on where you live, that might be all year. (Supply chains seem to be quite off kilter still. I’ve been waiting for a window for almost two months now.)

Thanks Melissa, I live in Idaho West of Boise so we have winter but not harsh at all. I have a large covered patio so I can cook outdoors year round. This was smoking a brisket last winter in the snow.

Oh man, do those ever look good. If our kids were still at home, I’d have to get on the waiting list.
Richard

Thanks Richard, my kids are all grown and on their own and I’m by myself so I have to behave with pizza as well as bread baking or I’m going to have to buy new pants :wink: the kids want to come visit me know to have pizza parties.

Congratulations on your Ooni Pizza Oven, I would so love to have one but cannot in our condo so I am soooo jealous. Your pizzas look amazing.
Benny

Thanks Benny, I’m going to have lots of fun with this new addition to my patio. It’s to bad you can’t have one of these ovens.
Jeff

Beautiful setup :snowflake: :cloud_with_snow:

One day I will buy a outdoor pizza oven. I just started making 00 pizza in my home and with my oven at 550 my AC is working overtime. I don’t mind it in the winter but when it’s 80 out it just too hot in my kitchen.
Im happy with my results I use a stone in my oven I’ll form the crust and just put sauce on it a pop it in 5 minutes on the stone at 550 turning it 180 degrees at 3 minutes. This pre browns the crust I then add the toppings and cook until the cheese melts. I get a heavenly crispy crust with a fluffy interior I love it. Recently I began sprinkling some rosemary on the crust that a sautéed in olive oil. My wife likes a thinner crust she’s always on a diet so I made the pizza with less crust on one side.

I found myself tonight with the fixins for BLAT sandwich and no bread. I had one 320g sourdough pizza dough. I fired up the Ooni pizza oven and cooked a bare pizza skin. Here is the results.

1 Like