Biscotti: Traditional and Whole Grain Kamut

A couple of photos from this year’s biscotti bakes. I used soft white wheat instead of Kamut.

First batch was cranberry pistachio. Second batch was homemade candied orange peel and almonds.

2 Likes

Wow! Those biscotti look sooooo goooood. :slight_smile:

The orange peels you made look good, too. I would be eating those, too, perhaps dipped in chocolate.

1 Like

Love these Melissa, the one with cranberry and pistachio look so Christmasy.

@Otis Some of the orange peels are definitely headed for a bath in melted chocolate.

@Benito my mother-in-law introduced me to the original cranberry pistachio biscotti recipe and she dips them in white chocolate so they look almost “snowy.” It’s a great flavor combination but I prefer un-chocolatey biscotti for dipping in tea.

1 Like

This year’s biscotti, made with 50:50 einkorn whole grain and AP flours. Double batch divided just before adding the “stuff” so that half could be dried cranberry and chopped almonds and the other half pistachios and candied orange peels.
(Some of the recipe sugar was actually the boiled off sugar water from making the peels - see pic).
I also experimented with making the tubes narrower for smaller cookies. Less convenient for dipping but better size for snacking imo.