Best dual fuel range for baking bread

I am looking at a new range and I am very interested in the Wolf 30 inch dual fuel range. I am having difficulty getting comparative reviews of higher end ranges that include the Wolf. Does anyone have experience with a Wolf dual fuel range and could perhaps share your experience? Thanks.

No experience with the Wolf. We have a Bosch dual fuel that we really like. Oven has great uniformity ant temperature accuracy. Burners are hot.

We have a Wolf D304. It’s fantastic for baking bread.

Aside from the industrial heavy-dutiness of it, the functional thing I like most is that by comparison with our previous oven, it seems to have very even heat distribution. Where I used to get un-even browning, with the Wolf it seems perfectly even everywhere.

There are a lot of different bake modes and settings. Convection is great for roasting turkey and also works extremely well if you are baking several pans at once on different racks of things like cookies or brownies. For bread in a clay baker and also for pizza on a stone, I’ve found conventional Bake works best.

About the only thing that I wish it had that it doesn’t is steam injection. When we got this oven there were no similar ranges available that had steam injection. I’ve recently heard of a few for the home market that have me curious. But I can’t say I’d easily trade in the Wolf.

1 Like

Wolf is good one, baking modes, settings and uniform heat distribution, price - quality!

Hi Paul

May i please ask you for your bread recipe in clay baker? The bread looks fantastic! I have a Römertopf clay roaster and never tried making bread in it.
Thank you !
Beatrice

I do not remember exactly where I was at in my bread journey when I took that photo, but I’ve published two recipes on the Breadtopia site. The second one is really more of an evolution of the first (rather than a totally different recipe).