Basic All Purpose Sourdough Sandwich Bread

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the “Reply” button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue “Log In” button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:

Hello!
It’s my second attempt to make a sourdough sandwich bread, using my stand mixer & both times once it on the stage of “bulk ferment”, it doesn’t do anything at all. No rising…
What do I do wrong?
Thank you for your attention!

How long has it been? If your kitchen is cold, that first rise could be longer, even 10+ hours.

I would like to access your referenced guide to wheat and flour variety characteristics but the link is not active. I couldn’t find it using the menu or search function. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you for pointing out the broken link! Here’s the article:

For recipe and article searches on the website, make sure you’re in the Blog tab or Recipes tab or you’ll only get product results from the shop. Blog – Breadtopia
Another option is to web search “breadtopia guide to flour” or “breadtopia cranberry walnut” etc

Excellent recipe! Thank you so much for sharing!

You’re welcome!