Banneton Opinions

Need to buy a couple more bannetons….can’t decide between “original” or manufactured….watched video - clean up seems nice…but would love to hear baker’s reviews please :slightly_smiling_face:

@Raydee8 This is strictly my personal opinion but when the time comes to replace my bannetons, I’m going to purchase the manufactured ones for reasons listed on the description for them. They will be much easier to clean and deal with after use. When I purchased my bannetons it was back in 2018. They’re rattan. Basically, rattan was the go-to back then. Everyone was using them. I’m still using them but they’re hard to keep clean. I have to let them stay out and dry. Then I have to use a stiff brush to get the remnants of wheat bran (if that’s what I’ve used to coat it) off. Bran still remains in the crevices so I have to use a sharp knife to dig in and try to scrape that off. It’s simply not as sanitary as I would prefer. So my personal recommendation would be the newer manufactured ones Breadtopia is now offering. This is strictly my personal opinion.

Blessings,
Leah

Thanks Leah……a great thorough answer…I really appreciate your time!

1 Like