Anyone Using a Commercial Dough Sheeter in their Home?

Hello,

Is anyone here using a commercial style, countertop electric dough sheeter in their home? I want to add a reversible belt electric dough sheeter no longer than seven/eight feet long when the belts/outriggers are down.

I need a traditional reversible belt unit, not a “one pass thru” style like you might use for making pizza crusts… Budget is no more than $3k. Primary use will be for making laminated doughs.

If you’re using one, which brand are you using? Any tips on using this in a home kitchen or with workflow issues? My plan is to keep it on a wooden topped heavy rolling table, that will store with the wings up in a custom built roll-in Walnut column cabinet when not in use. When stowed, it will look like a regular Walnut column cabinet that matches the two built-in oven cabinets in our kitchen.

Something like this unit:

Thanks for any assistance!

Cheers!

Well, it looks like no one is using one of these types of dough sheeters… I have seen the manual type that’s made in Japan used by some bakers. That may work and I might try that out first.

Cheers!

I came across this a while back. The smaller, tabletop, 230V model seems to fit the bill.

I also remember seeing a manual model on amazon France.