30% Einkorn whole wheat Pullman loafs

This week I made my finalized 30% Einkorn Whole Wheat Pullman loaf. I incorporated all ingredients at speed 1 for 3 minutes then I allow to rest 20 minutes to allow the Einkorn Whole Wheat to absorb the water. Then I mix at speed 2 for 3 minutes. I then proof for 2 hours but after 1st hour I do set of folds. After the 2 hours of bulk fermentation I divide into 2 equal portions and did cylinder shaping and then placed in Pullman loaf pan that had been lightly coated with camelina oil. I then do final proofing until dough is about 2.5 cm from top. I then put lid on and place in preheated oven at 400 F and bake for 30 to 32 minutes until golden brown and hard top. I then remove from oven and then quickly remove from pan and allow to cool before slicing. This was two loaf batch size

1 Like

Your loaf looks fantastic! I am just starting into the realm of einkorn bread, picked up Carla Bartolucci’s book, and 5 lbs of einkorn flour and 5 lbs of whole einkorn seeds to mill.

Are you pans aluminized steel or some other non-stick? I am wondering about the use of camelina oil. Does it have a special benefit to baking other oils don’t have when used to coat your pans?

Happy New Year, Baker Bob!

I use three farmers camelina oil. I attached picture from their FAQ section. Also included picture of bread crumb. The pans I use are USA Pullman pans.

1 Like

Thanks for telling us about carmelina oil. Interesting!
I do have a question about Pullman pans. Is their purpose simply larger quantity or is there another reason?

The purpose of Pullman pan is to have rectangle size loafs so the when sliced the slices are in square shape.

Thank you! I have been curious about that for so long. Makes sense!