Washington State University Bread Lab Wheat

Have the folks at Breadtopia investigated retailing any of the wheat that has been developed at the Washington State Bread Lab, “The Bread Lab?” I’ve been following their work for a couple years and tried in vain to find any of the wheat berries developed by The Bread Lab. Or has anyone else found anything?

Thank you for asking the question I’ve had in the back of my mind for some time. I hope someone will be able to share some information/links.
~ irene

@clarkheindl and @trillium I only now just saw this post about the bread lab.

Today I found this current link online for the Washington State Bread Lab. It should have everything on it you want to know. I hope it helps.

http://thebreadlab.wsu.edu/

Leah

Leah, thanks for the link! That’s a year’s worth of reading!

I live in WA and bake my sourdough bread with heirloom Crimson Turkey and Golden Sonora purchased in bulk from Palouse Heritage
https://www.palouseheritage.com/

What a delicious difference freshly ground heirloom wheat makes in our daily bread.
~ irene

1 Like

@trillium Glad I could help, Irene!

Leah

@trillium Irene, I thought you might like this link about sourdough too. Even more reading, LOL!

Leah

Wow! I should be out in the garden, weeding. Instead I’m sitting here, reading! What great sources of bread-related information. Thanks again, Leah.
~ irene

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

Leah

And which European universities conduct such research?

1 Like

Such research is necessary for the world, and it is very cool that this work is being carried out now. Many European universities specializing in agriculture carry out similar studies, but I have not heard about remarkable successes. The most difficult thing when applying to this university for an international student is understanding how to accept admission on jamb caps. If you pass all the entrance tests, you will get an excellent university and a high level of education for much less money than in the USA.