Transfer of sourdough to Dutch Oven

I have baked about 30 to 35 loaves of sourdough following Eric Rusch’s baking steps. A few of my neighbors are now baking sourdough. The videos are most helpful and recipes are well written, thanks.
I am currently waiting a couple more hours before baking a loaf of Whole Grain Sourdough. I currently use a Dutch oven for the bake and I don’t use parchment paper to carry it from the bread board to the Dutch oven. I have to add that my fingers are short and stubby and not like Eric’s, long and lean. So as a result, I end up dropping the dough into the oven from the proofing basket. (bombs away) Sometime with better luck than others. The Dutch oven is very hot, ouch. I plan on ordering a round Breadtopia Cloche Bread Baker when they are back in stock. So that may lessen my “drop” problem.
Is there a secret to storing sourdough loaves for a couple of days so that they retain some of the fresh out of the oven “crunch”? Thanks!

I have baked about 30 to 35 loaves of sourdough following Eric Rusch’s baking steps. A few of my neighbors are now baking sourdough. The videos are most helpful and recipes are well written, thanks.
I am currently waiting a couple more hours before baking a loaf of Whole Grain Sourdough. I currently use a Dutch oven for the bake and I don’t use parchment paper to carry it from the bread board to the Dutch oven. I have to add that my fingers are short and stubby and not like Eric’s, long and lean. So as a result, I end up dropping the dough into the oven from the proofing basket. (bombs away) Sometime with better luck than others. The Dutch oven is very hot, ouch. I plan on ordering a round Breadtopia Cloche Bread Baker when they are back in stock. So that may lessen my “drop” problem.
Is there a secret to storing sourdough loaves for a couple of days so that they retain some of the fresh out of the oven “crunch”? Thanks!