Starter already mixed in dough but failed float test

Hi, I fed my sourdough starter from the fridge without discarding any with fresh milled red fife. After 11 hours I forgot to use the float test and mixed the dough. Only afterwards did i think to test it and it failed. I know the test isn’t definitive, but if it was not ready is there any tips to remedy this and avoid a dense bread? Should I proceed and let it bench rest longer, 48hr in the fridge instead of 24hr, or should I not start the stretching process till it noticably proofs up? Would all of these work or none at all? I have a feeling I’ll be fine with any of these methods, but I was wondering if I could get confirmation from others that have already experimented in this situation. A little more information about my dough: 85% hydration, 25% fresh milled red fife, 75% store bought AP. The starter has been previously active and passed float test the week prior and has been dormant in the fridge till 11hr prior to dough mixing. Thank you.

1 Like

Follow your standard process but allow additional time for bulk fermentation until it feels ready just as it would otherwise. No worries.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. As I (we) both thought, after the normal amount of time and number of stretches it looks and feels normal. Cheers!

1 Like