Sourdough Vanilla Blueberry pancakes made with leftover starter!

I had leftover white spelt starter after baking spelt olive bread so I invented these beauties this morning!
Only 6 ingredients!

Recipe: For 8 medium thicker pancakes

Ingredients:

1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax egg + 3 tablespoons water)

2 cups discarded sourdough starter with white spelt flour

1 + 1/2 teaspoon vanilla cane sugar

2 tablespoons of oil

1 teaspoon baking soda

125 gr fresh blueberries

Method:

1. Take medium bowl & ad first 5 ingredients. This is the sourdough starter, flax egg, vanilla cane sugar, oil & baking soda. Whisk well together with a small whisk. Finally, add the blueberries. Whisk again. Your sourdough pancake batter is now very bubbly! Ready to fry your pancakes in a medium-hot non-stick pan.

2. I used a smaller soup ladle to pour my batter into the hot pan. I don’t use oil because there is already oil in the batter. Fry pancakes for a few minutes until there are many bubbles on top & check with a fork if the pancake is already getting brown on the pan side. Carefully flip over with pancake flipper & fry for another minute or so. Keep pancakes warm with foil. Enjoy with some good maple syrup! You can really taste the vanilla & blueberries & the pancakes are a bit sweet on their own. MMM!

Read it here on my blog: http://sophiesfoodiefiles.wordpress.com/2018/01/19/sourdough-blueberry-vanilla-pancakes-made-with-leftover-sourdough-starter

1 Like