Sourdough Turkish Pide (Ramazan Pidesi)

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the “Reply” button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue “Log In” button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:

1 Like

I’m on another gluten free baking roll at the moment. Not because I need to, rather its a chance to use and appreciate, other grains for what they are. So when I’m back on the gluten this recipe is bookmarked. Looks amazing!

1 Like

This is going on my baking bucket list for sure!

1 Like

I made the pide last week, it was amazing! Great fun to try. I didn’t have sesame seeds or nigella seeds, so I topped it with Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.

1 Like

This was fun to make. Looking forward to eating it this evening.

1 Like

Thank you so much for posting this recipe (and for the khachapuri one several weeks ago!). When I’m in Vienna I always make a pilgrimage to the Naschmarkt (open air food market) and go to the Turkish/Bosnian stalls for flatbread and mezze appetizers for a picnic. This bread brought back all those fun memories, as well as being an interesting project to make. I found my dough a lot wetter than your pictures seem - it never reached that domed rise in the bulk fermentation, and it was definitely soft to handle. But it cooked up beautifully even if the molasses topping and perhaps just a few minutes too long in the oven made it over-caramelized a bit on top! Çok teşekkürler!

2 Likes

It looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing the photos and the story. I haven’t been to Vienna in 24 years…sheesh time flies.

1 Like

Made the Pide today and it came out outstanding. Can’t thank you guys enough for sharing this recipe. Been looking for a similar recipe for Armenian Matnakash on sourdough starter and this one was closet I found. Followed the recipe exactly. Next time will experiment with whole wheat flour and add variety of seeds. Made my glaze with the egg and yogurt. So glad I stumbled upon this site. Excited to try other recipes. Thank you again for sharing, my husband loved it :slight_smile:

2 Likes