Sourdough Starter Bread Recipes

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the "Reply" button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue "Log In" button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:

I’ve made this Cajun three-pepper bread six or seven times now but this was my best result. Followed the recipe except for the flour, I used 100% organic sprouted spelt flour. I finally managed to get an airy open crumb along with a great crust. I mixed everything together in a large bowl but this time I added three tablespoons of vital wheat gluten. Once everything was mixed together well I noticed the dough was only slightly sticky so I actually stretched and kneaded the no-knead dough for a few minutes thinking this would devlope the gluten and sure enough I think it did because this is the only thing I did that was different from past baking of this recipe. Never had this many holes before! This is probably my favorite recipe, it’s so easy and I love the hot spicy flavor topped with cream cheese.

bb

3 Likes

That looks like a great bread indeed! With a wonderful crust indeed. Congrats :slight_smile:

My crusts are always more thin. Are you willing to share how you bake yours?

Hello charlesvk,

I baked my bread according to the directions in the recipe above in a clay baker with lid @ 500 degrees F for 30 min then remove the lid and continue baking @ 450 degrees F for 10-15 min depending on how dark you like your crust. The crust always turns out great when using the clay baker I bought from Breadtopia. Thank you for asking. Hope you have the same result.