Sourdough Cinnamon Raisin

Link to Forum Recipes:

I was so excited with the second ferment, I forgot to score the loaf. Fed starter last night and again this morning. Thanks for this super recipe.

3 Likes

That looks mighty tasty! I too have forgotten to score a loaf but then I just use those crevasses as an excuse to rip it apart by hand and eat it like the feral dog I am WOOF!

1 Like

Your bread looks freaky delicious! Mmmm! :slight_smile:

Oh my goodness! This sourdough cinnamon raisin bread is AMAZING! I baked my very first one today. All I can say is, “WOW!” And I have to thank EVERYONE who had posted comments on how this bread dough looks and acts when making the bread. I was able to read all those comments before I attempted the recipe so when I saw that the dough was really going to act more like a batter I was prepared to handle it a bit differently. I knew it really wasn’t going to shape and form into a “loaf” before putting it in the proofing basket thanks to comments already posted about it. I also decided to use the cotton liner, rubbed heavily with rice flour, in the proofing basket because the dough would be so wet. And I used the “parchment paper technique” for getting the dough into my clay baker. To be honest, I use that technique with EVERY loaf I bake. It’s just a lot easier and safer for me. My hands are a bit arthritic. My dexterity and strength in my hands is a bit challenged. I’d hate to see my dough end up on the floor, LOL! Yes, the dough was very wet and sticky. I expected that. Yes, after scraping the dough onto a floured surface after the initial rise it basically oozed onto the board. I expected that. I just lifted my board and gently scraped it off my board as it kind of poured into my lined and floured proofing basket. It slid and gently plopped into it with personality. I expected that. SO grateful for the parchment paper technique for getting the dough into the clay baker. Without that technique I think the dough would have oozed onto the floor for sure, LOL! My dough was almost a bit too wet to really effectively score it. I did score it. It didn’t matter to me if it was really pretty or not. Turns out, it was, LOL!

The bread came out of the clay baker BEAUTIFUL and fragrant and had a lovely oven spring to it. Waiting a couple hours to slice into it was brutal! I kept going over to where it was cooling just to inhale the aroma.

The wait was SO worth it! Moist, tender, cinnamon raisin goodness! This dough is definitely a bit finicky and one needs to know that before attempting to bake this bread. But the results are SO worth it and knowing this dough’s quirks before baking was a huge plus for me. Thanks to being able to read all the reviews and comments about this bread before making one I had great success with it. I’m definitely adding this bread to my list of favorites and most certainly be baking it many more times.

1 Like