Sesame seeds everywhere

Made this sourdough mostly durum loaf based on the Breadtopia recipe for Sicilian No-Knead bread. My loaf is about 2/3 freshly ground durum berries from Breadtopia, plus almost 1/3 bread flour with a smidge of whole wheat flour from my starter. I did a bunch of stretch and folds in the bowl, so this is not actually no-knead bread, but it’s still pretty low maintenance.

This bread is tasty. As much as I love the taste of sesame seeds, I probably won’t use them in future since they don’t adhere very well and go everywhere when one tries to slice the bread.

The crumb was very tender and moist, no doubt in part thanks to the tbsp of olive oil in the recipe.
IMG_2065
IMG_2072

3 Likes

Lovely indeed! Now here’s a tip for durum wheat breads… Best when toasted and eaten with olive oil. So whether you choose to dip it or bruschetta style the flavour of durum bread really shines.

Very nice bake.

2 Likes

I know this mess well. I pull out my Breadtopia cutting board with the grooves in it any time I make bread with seeds or bran on the outside. Helps a bit to catch stuff.
Good looking loaf!

1 Like

The crumb is beautiful.

1 Like

That looks stunning and very tasty.

1 Like

Beautiful! I’ve given up on sesame seeds on the outside for the same reason.

Me too

Really pretty