Savory Stuffing Sourdough Recipe

You’re welcome! Yes, I used dried thyme and sage, crushed in my hands. Basically to the same consistency of what you’d buy in the little bottles in the spice/herb section of the grocery store. In my case, I grow the herbs - they’re perennial and hard to tame in my garden. :slight_smile:

This looks delicious and so much fun. I have a question about airing sausage. How much sausage would you recommend and also does this change the hydration at all? Or, do I simply follow the recipe and add sausage with no changes? Thanks so much!

Good question. Since you’re pre-cooking it, I don’t think it would change the hydration of the dough as long as you leave the oil behind in the fry pan.

Storage changes though. Like a stromboli, you should refrigerate leftovers.

Here’s a stromboli recipe :slight_smile:
https://breadtopia.com/sourdough-stromboli/

I had a bread similar to this at a sandwich shop and have been looking for a recipe ever since. Thank you! Deeeelicious

Wow, that is awesome to hear! This was one of the first recipes I developed for Breadtopia. I love that it’s something you’re hankering for.

This recipe surprised me at how good it tastes! My favorite way of eating it is to dip it in a mix of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The pairing of flavors between the sofrito and the oil/vinegar is outstanding.

That sounds delicious. I’ll have to try that combo. Thanks for sharing.

This bread turned out just as good as I was hoping and it does make incredible sandwiches (especially with a carrot soup on the side). How grateful I am for your tasty experiments over the years. Keep thinking outside the (bread) box!

That looks so tasty! Better than the original :slight_smile:

Haha, you are too kind! Hopefully as good as the original, but certainly not better.
(It made an incredible panini with turkey slices, havarti, spinach, cranberry sauce, dijon and slices of sweet onions)

Is it possible to substitute another flour (combo of rye/white or whole wheat) without compromising taste/texture? Thanks

Here are the baker’s percentages for the dough. I think you can move the numbers around as much as you want, if you adjust the water and expectations for flavor and texture.

More whole grain flour will require more water and the bread will be a little more dense. Rye will add some grassy flavor, and make the dough stickier and the bread more dense, depending on how much you use.

72% bread flour
38% whole grain red wheat flour
80% water
18% sourdough starter
2.4% salt