Rosemary Fougasse made with Heirloom Grain

Originally published at: http://breadtopia.com/rosemary-fougasse-made-with-heirloom-grain/
Fougasse is easily one of my very favorite breads. I first fell in love with it back in my bakery days in Maine. Customers often assumed fougasse was Italian and would affect a New York Italian-American accent when ordering it. They were surprised to learn that fougasse actually hails from the south of France. Its…

This looks like a real fun way to make and serve a special bread. I sure wish there was a photo showing the shaping cuts. The instructions seem to be missing something–like those little cuts around the upper part of the leaf. The “stem” cut seems not clear either.

Have you made this, Eric?

Hi Annie! Thanks for the suggestion. The next time I make fougasse I’ll be sure to take and post photos of the cuts as they happen. I appreciate your input and hope you enjoy making this amazing bread!

Hello! I think you might find help on YouTube. Ciril Hitz is always a reliable source but there are many others who have uploaded content.
Happy Baking!

Do you bake this on a cookie sheet or stone?