Real Bread Bakers

|### Michael Volk [email protected]|2:43 PM (1 hour ago)||

to Eric

|

I know what you mean. We were supposed to cruise transatlantic in April from Miami to Rome. Had to cancel. Hoping for a vaccine soon. Have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks for this interesting and informative video. In addition to the actual topic of real bread baking, this documentary touches on so many of my interests - healthy organic baking, local sourcing of supplies and products, fair treatment of employees and the need to support local businesses by paying a reasonable price for good quality healthy food rather than the lowest price for junk food. Well done!

2 Likes

WOW!! That was wonderful! Thank you.

2 Likes

That was a wonderful film. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

After the difficult times we have faced recently, how delightful to see passionate people who encourage and share their knowledge and skills, much like on this forum.

I believe the most important lesson from the film was the first thing on the sign at the High Rise Bakers sign–Everyone is welcome.

Thank you Eric and all who share their experiences. I made my whole wheat sandwich bread this morning with freshly milled spelt and Kamut. The horizons are endless. Keep exploring.

2 Likes

Thank you for providing this video.
I placed an order for three bags of flour and then watched this short movie.
I really enojyed watching how they work the dough, shape it etc. Beautiful bread!
It inspired me to feed my starter and I will be baking tomorrow :smiley:
Sharing this video with my friends.

1 Like

Thank you Eric. This was a real treat to see such devotion and love for good bread. It also made me want to eat my computer screen. Instead, I’ll feed my sourdough tonight and get some loaves started tomorrow, remembering a few new tricks I just saw.

1 Like

I’ll send this out to John Castley at Wild Hearth, see if he can find a minute to provide more info.

I’ll let John Castley know and see if he can provide some info on the matter.

Took me back to my 2017 visit to Scotland. Loved the play on words “Scotland the Brave (Bread)”. Thank you for making the video available.

1 Like

It was the Gorbals loaf, I’ll see if I can get someone to provide the recipe. The Gorbals is a working class neighbourhood in Glasgow where Neale Thomson had his factory. But that was somewhat different from what John Castley at Wild Hearth said.

1 Like

Yes, subtitles are needed but I just couldn’t get them done on time.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to watch this video. It inspires creativity and hope.

1 Like

Thank you Zev!

1 Like

I really enjoyed this video. I had mixed up a bread dough this morning. Perfect timing.
I especially enjoyed learning about the grinding of the grains.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Eric, for providing the ability to watch this. And thank you, Zev, for a wonderful documentary. It makes me want to go to Scotland! And it’s also inspiring for my next loaf.

1 Like

Wonderfilly intertaining- need more

Thank you. I enjoyed the movie–inspiring from both baking and community activism perspectives.

1 Like

Thank you, Eric! This was just fabulous. I so appreciate all that you continue to do for the baking community. Here in Ithaca, NY we have a local mill that grinds local organic whole grain. The result is Farmer Ground Flour and Ithacans who are in the know swear by it. This flour is, like in this doc, closing the gap in bread making and nutrition. Their flours are exceptional on every level and I have learned to work with their flours using Breadtopia recipes.Thank you, again.

2 Likes

What a lovely film. Thank you for offering it.

2 Likes