Organic Rye Crackers

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you don't see the "Reply" button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue "Log In" button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:

Any ideas what a substitute for sorghum would be?

Can anyone help with this recipe?

After following the instructions, when I mixed the “wet” and the “dry” I did not have a moist dough at all. I had, for the most part a dry doughish kind of mass. I had to add an egg and more H2O to get it to being "moistand the resulting bake was not successful.

I know I measure correctly following the instructions to the letter so I am baffled. The resulting “cracker” ( which really did not resemble a cracker, tasted OK, not great.

I would like to try again so I would appreciate any and all thoughts…Thanks

I have not made this recipe, but I do make crackers a lot ( My cracker recipe ).

But, since there is not much activity on this thread, I’ll stick my nose in with what I would do. I would add all of the wet ingredients and then gradually add flours and stop adding flour when the dough seems right to you, i.e. moist but dry enough to roll. Flours, even the same type of flour, can absorb liquid differently. And this recipe shows measurement by volume (vs weight) which is prone to differences based on humidity, flour storage and how you measure. All to say, it is not you or the recipe, just different conditions and if you gradually add dry to wet, you can better control the dough.

Thanks. Will try it next time