One day sourdough

Im looking to try recipes that use only starter, water, flour, and salt so that I can start in the morning and bake that afternoon or evening. TIA

This is a recipe for a one-day bake that I tried recently from the Ecole Internationale de Boulangerie. They have a series of videos on YouTube that are really good (many dealing with technique), although they are in French (with a few English subtitles here and there). He’s a very good teacher and his French is easy to understand if you know some of the language. The recipe below is a one-day sourdough for a home baker. I took notes and then put some instructions in my own words but I must say that my instructions are not geared for a beginning bread baker. Someone with experience should have no trouble following and adapting when necessary. It’s fun to watch his video(s) even if you don’t know French. It’s a really wet dough. Don’t try to shape it but rather “pour” it into the pan/banneton for final proof. Although he does his in a loaf pan, I baked mine in an artisan style and it worked great. I think the key to making this a one-day bake is keeping the temp at 75F. I have a proofer so it worked well. The bread was really good.

It calls for what the French call T80 flour which is roughly the equivalent of 80% whole wheat and 20% bread flour.
Ingredients:
400 g whole wheat flour
100 g bread flour (hi protein)
400 g water*
100 g starter
9 g salt

*Since you want your dough to be about 75F (24C), you might want to heat your water a little depending on ambient temp.

Add all ingredients to bowl.
Stir with spoon; use folding action; scrape down sides
Once all ingredients are incorporated, continue stirring into itself from outer edge as you turn the bowl, for about 15 minutes, alternating 2 minutes stirring/2 minutes rest.
Dough should be about 75F (24C)
Bulk ferment: about 3 hours, maintaining 75F
If using metal pan, lightly oil. Otherwise, prepare banneton with whatever you usually use to prevent sticking of a wet dough.
Dip spatula or dough scraper in water then GENTLY coax or scoop dough into pan or banneton.
Dough should level itself, gently shake a little if necessary
Proof covered with plastic at 75C about 1.5 or 1.75 hrs until dough is ready. Preheat oven to accommodate.
Score and bake. (I think I put in fridge for a while so I could score more easily, then baked right out of fridge.)
He doesn’t say the oven temp but I did 450F in an oblong clay baker since it needs steam. Around 25’ covered; 10’ uncovered, or what usually works for you.

Thanks I’ll give that a try and report bake

My strategy for speed is a lot of starter and warm temps (also active gluten development since time is not on your side) for the bulk fermentation. Here’s the fastest I’ve ever done. I did bake the next a.m. but could have done same day.

Everything was spot on until my non stick pan stuck. I managed to get it out but darn it the loaf tore, but it’s still edible. Next time I’ll use my cast iron. This process is very easy. I spritzed the top before baking, I like a crisper top crust. The crumb is soft and tender. Flavor is mild wheat. I used Red Fife. Next tine I’ll try Rouge De Bordeaux. Thanks again for this formula.