Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the "Reply" button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue "Log In" button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:
1 Like

I use this No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies recipe and can recommend trying it! Also, very chocolate and tasty :cookie:

Hi
So I read the Oat chocolate cookies recipe but couldn’t guess what amount is the chocolate chip bag you’re selling because that page cannot be opened anymore.
I highly recommend you guys to add the weight anyway, in case people don’t have your or are not familiar with your products.
Other than that- amazing website. Super professional and fun to visit and try your wonderful recipes.
Sharon M☺️

Thanks for pointing this out. We recently stopped carrying the pre-made mixes.

…but I’ve obtained the secret ingredient list and updated the recipe.
(And I’m so making these cookies this weekend!)

If you have salted butter, reduce the salt in the recipe by 1/4-1/2 tsp.

The recipe made 17 cookies because I always overscoop. These are delicious! And surprisingly airy. The cinnamon was so nice.

I used 60g or 3/4 cup walnuts instead of 40g or 1/2 cup raisins due to household poll results. Oh and I used pima club wheat because I don’t have red fife at the moment.

I had some butter escape from the cookies while baking (not a problem, just a small waste of butter) which could have been because of the less thirsty wheat I chose or the non-muffin tin format or the walnuts instead of absorbent raisins. When I make the cookies again, I plan to use 14 Tbsp (197g) of butter instead of 16 Tbsp (226g, 2 sticks).

I’m SO interested in making these because just seeing them is making my mouth water!

Leah

1 Like

I updated the cookie report to include some butter modification plans for my next batch.

In order to make these “safe” for my husband to eat I have to reduce the salt to 1/8 teaspoon AND make them non-dairy (the newest dietary complication, LOL). I plan on buying some “plant butter” (as much as that pains me because I’ve only used REAL butter my whole life, LOL) and some unsweetened almond milk to substitute for all the real butter and the little bit of milk in the recipe. And shutter the thought, but I have to buy non-dairy chocolate chips too (found some online). When I eventually get around to purchasing all the “special” ingredients this may be the biggest baking experiment I’ll be trying! The questions remaining are: 1) will they still be worthwhile cookies? and 2) will they still TASTE good? We shall see…eventually!

Leah

Let me know how it goes if you do make them. My daughter has some friends who are vegan, so the recipe changes would be the same except for the salt. (I’ve bought the Sunspire non-dairy chocolate chips in the past – the flavor was good.)