NutriMill Plus Grain Mill vs Wonder Mill

Hello Breadtopia Community, My wife and I travel a good bit, and when I say travel, I mean that we spend anywhere from 6 to 8 months a year living out of our 29’ Airstream trailer (approx. 187 sf of living space), which we tow with Dodge Ram 2500 short bed pickup. I mention this to illustrate that storage space is a premium. I’m seriously thinking about buying an electric flour mill. I feel like it will open up many possibilities for us. I really like that the Nutrimill Plus is nesting and collapsible making it more compact from a storage standpoint. On the other hand, we are also vegan, so I like the WonderMill’s Small Grains & Beans Attachments feature. Can anyone tell me if these attachments will work with the Nutrimill Plus?

I’d love to hear from others about their experience with these mills and also what things a mill newbie should consider.

You don’t need to use the Wondermill’s small grains device with the Nutrimill Plus to get good results with small grains/beans. All that devise does is slow the feed rate which the Plus can be adjusted to do as it.

Here’s a couple other thoughts though. If you happen to schlep a KitchenAid mixer around with you, consider a Mockmill. Or, if your budget allows, the Komo Fidibus 21 is an awesome mill that has a much smaller footprint than either the Nutrimill Plus or Wondermill.

Eric, Thanks very much for your feed back. Since I posted this question I see where some folks use a Vitamix. I see they’ve experienced decent results, but it just requires grinding a few small amounts at any one time. I have a Vitamix and forgot that I bought a dry blade container for milling when I bought it several years ago. I think I’m going to give that try and see how it does.