Hazelnut Buckwheat Sourdough Bread

My latest home-made sourdough on my blog. My yummy bread was huge: 1221 gr! Ooh yes!

Recipe: For 1 big bread

Ingredients:

100 gr organic wholemeal buckwheat flour

240 gr organic white flour (T 65)

160 gr organic white spelt flour

150 gr active wholemeal spelt sourdough

310 ml warm water

63 gr chopped organic roasted hazelnuts

6 gr salt

Method:

Take Kenwood machine, place dough hook in & to the fitted bowl, add all ingredients in this order in it. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes. When dough has formed, take out & knead a few minutes with your hands. See that all the hazelnuts are well spread into the dough. You don’t need to add any flour. Knead until it is elastic & well-kneaded. Form a ball-shaped dough & place into an oiled big bowl. I place another big bowl over it. I place it into a preheated oven on 150°C for 10 minutes that I have turned off. Leave to double in size. This took my dough 90 minutes.

Take dough out of the bowl & knock back the air out of the dough. Knead for 1 minutes & shape like you want. I made a loner thicker shape & put it into my silicon bread tin. I place an upside down big bowl over it & placed it into the warm, turned off oven to double in side for the last rise.

When dough has risen, take out of the oven & heat up on 200°C for 10 minutes. Slash the top of your dough like you want & place a ceramic oven dish with just boiled water in it. Place this under your bread tin into the hot oven. This way, you create steam for a good crusty crust! Bake for about 30-40 minutes.

When ready, with oven gloves on, take out of the oven. Leave into the silicon bread tin for about 10 minutes, to get a lovely shine of in your bread. Then, turn out of the tin & tap underneath the bottom of the bread. If it sounds hollow, your bread is fully baked through. Leave to get cold completely. Slice. Smear with butter & a good slice of salami! Yummy! Store in an organic bread bag.

You can find this recipe also here on my blog: http://sophiesfoodiefiles.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/hazelnut-buckwheat-sourdough-bread/