Gluten Free Goat Cheese Tart

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the “Reply” button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue “Log In” button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:

This looks delicious. I’m going to try it with regular flour as I’m okay with gluten. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Another substitution: I don’t have a tart pan but I’m thinking I can get away with using a small cookie sheet with edges? I’ve never made a square pie but there’s a first time for everything lol

Do you think the filling is solid enough when cooked that I might be able to cut square pieces…the center ones not having edge-crust?

That should be a cool experiment. No problem substituting regular flour.
I’ve never tried using a cookie sheet, but there’s no reason why that shouldn’t work perfectly. The filling is definitely solid enough for square pieces.
You may need to do a little math to adjust the crust and filling quantities to a small cookie sheet (unless you’re using a square 8x8" baking pan, but those sides might be a little high for smooth tart extraction).
Please let me know how it turns out!

Okay so it looks like I’d have to quadruple the recipe to make it work for the surface area of my not-small “small” aluminum cookie sheet :slight_smile: Fine for a party…but I’ll pick up a tart pan and let you know how it turns out!

This was delicious and a beautiful addition to a memorial day bbq - Thank You!

I didn’t change the ingredient amounts at all. I just used half all purpose flour and half whole grain Emmer flour milled at home.

For the herbs, I used chives and oregano from my garden.

Definitely a recipe to repeat - the crust was very flavorful with the pepper and egg etc; the filling had a great texture and taste.

Oh one change, I used my stand mixer with the paddle attachment for everything because it was on the kitchen counter and I’ve a long history of successful pie-crust making in it…since decades ago when the many parts of the food processor intimidated me. Not a problem anymore :joy: but forced into a choice by space considerations, I leave the stand mixer out and store the food processor.

Beautiful! And now you have a tart pan to boot.

1 Like