Everyone does this on vacation, right?

Making bread is so much easier when I am not in a tropical environment (and, in particular, a kitchen with no air conditioning). Had some free time so I made an 82% hydration boule of 60% white bread flour, 20% einkorn and 20% red fife (the latter two courtesy of theBreadtopia store) using the Forkish method. Isn’t that what everyone does on their summer vacation?

3 Likes

Great looking bread! Sounds like a good formula too. And to answer your question: heck yeah! if I have a kitchen, I will bake bread. I’m looking forward to staying near my in-laws this summer and feeding them…maybe stocking their freezers with bread too :slight_smile:

Agreed I’m just a Saturday baker. How I wish I had time to do so everyday

Another vacation experiment… 100% hydration. Really just sourdough starter with salt added.

FYI, I made your Semolina and Sesame sourdough. Its my newest keeper! My daughter was going crazy…

That’s great! It’s so satisfying when the kids are thrilled with something we cook.

I don’t have a pizza oven, but I am loving the 30lb Baking Steel that I just bought. Tonight was the first experiment and the pizza crust was the best I have ever made.

1 Like