Eric's Easy Bake - Episode 4

Originally published at:

Soft Pull-Apart Dinner Rolls. Hamburger & Hotdog Buns Too! Enriched dough is a wondrous thing. There’s so much good that can come from it. Here are a couple of examples with far reaching benefits for humanity. This Easy Bake installment is an extension of the Episode 3 sandwich bread post with a few minor recipe tweaks. It…

Eric,
When I tried to open the video all that happened was a black screen. Just thought to let you know. It was on a tablet if that makes any difference.
Stu

I don’t know why it wouldn’t work on a tablet as well as anything else. It’s just a Youtube video. Have you tried it on any other device?

Just tried it on my phone same thing happened. I haven’t had this happen in the past and do not have access to any other device.

It opens on a laptop so must be so eating with my mobile devises.
Stu

These look delicious. I am a self taught baker that SHOULD be following recipes so I welcome the recipe.

Can the recipe be merely doubled for 26 dinner rolls??

Yes, just double all the ingredients.

I planned to make these as hotdog rolls, but motherhood intervened - ended up grilling them on the fire into what we call in South Africa “roosterkoek” drenched them in raw honey when they were hot (and subbed honey for sugar, didn’t have any sugar and staying on a honeyfarm!) delicious

1 Like

I made these today - delicious!!! and straightforward. I used my mixer for about 5 minutes. Flour was Breadtopia’s organic all purpose.

I went with 47g lard instead of the 57g salted butter the recipe calls for because I have a lot of lard to use up (long story). I added an extra 1/8 tsp salt because I believe the difference between salted and unsalted butter is 1/4 tsp per 114g…and I think lard is unsalted.

Here are some pics. I made one a kaiser roll for kicks. My baking pan was a bit random but it worked.

Is it possible to start this process a day ahead and put the dough in the fridge before the final rise without sacrificing quality?