Dan Leader's Baguette au Charbon Vegetal

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the “Reply” button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue “Log In” button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Giving Away Three Copies of Dan Leader’s New Book: LIVING BREAD

My latest bread baking adventure is pumpkin sour dough with toasted pecans. Found this on the line and changed it up a bit. Really yummy if you like pumpkin. Especially good toasted with fig butter.

Wow- what a gorgeous/ exotic looking baguette! I look forward to getting the latest news/ recipes from breadtopia, and am gradually becoming more adventurous. Right now the 3 day Poilane sourdough is my weekly go-to bread for every day. Lovely flavour and texture in the 24 hour refrigerated slow fermentation. i sometimes divide the basic recipe into two, baking one in the emile Henri cloche and the other in my cast iron dutch oven (using Eric’s tip to place a cookie sheet under the cast iron has helped prevent the crust from getting too hard.) And everything turns out better since I started milling my own berries with the Mockmill 200. My partner jokes that while my friends all cut back on carbs, I purchased my own mill! Freshly milled flour for sourdough waffles every Sunday morning, for pizza, for all our bread… Pumpkin sourdough with toasted pecans - wow, Denise, sounds incredible!

It sounds like you’re enjoying a good range of baking! I need to try the Poilane loaf someday soon. Plenty of my loaves (and definitely pizza) extend into the 3-day range, but I’ve never done that exact dough build.