Bread Board cleaning

Just bought a new breadboard and wondering how to clean. Working with wet doughs leaves a dried four residue I scrape with my bench knife, but some still remains. I’m hesitant to use soap on it or even plain water. Any suggestions?

I would scrape off as much as possible then wipe it down with warm water until completely clean. Let dry overnight and give it a good rub with food grade Beeswax. You may have to do it a few times until enough of a coat remains. Polish it down to a smooth surface.
Good luck

Thanks
That’s what I’ve been doing. I also stopped using it for wetter doughs. Also I live in Tucson, so with the dryness here I think it took longer to get it properly conditioned.
Thanks again for replying.
Brent

I also use a lot of wet dough on my board. I have found best way is to scrape off all dried flour and dough, then I just spray some warm water on the board and just rub it around with my hand. Let it sit for a few minutes to absorb everything and then scrape the board off into a paper towel while it is still wet. This gets most of the stuck on flour. Then scrape and wipe with dry towel and let the board air dry.

Thanks Wallyclay I’ll keep that in mind. Right now I find a wet countertop to work well.
Thanks for the tip
Brent