Anyone made the sourdough cinnamon raisin bread from this site?

Just making this first time and substituting whole grain kamut for the bread flour and whole grain barley for the white since I have those and really love the combo. Dough is more like batter than dough, stretch/fold not really an option. It hold together but it is very wet. Is it very likely because of the flours I am using?

You may want to look at the thread of comments beneath the post you mentioned. A lot of people have shared their experience with the recipe there.

1 Like

It is a fairly wet dough. I used whole wheat and bread flour. Not sure of protein content of flours you mention but could be part of issue you are having. The long ferment is very critical to the development of the gluten. A little warmer environment gives a little more rise to dough. Stretch and fold gently every hour or so with a wet hand also helps give dough little more structure. Give it all the time it needs to rise. By the time it does it should hold its shape. Also use rice flour in banneton or basket lined with towel for easy release. Finally I find that after 20 min at 500 I have to put it on a rack or bottom will burn because of syrup in the dough. Worth the time - it’s a delicious loaf.

1 Like