About Breadtopia

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the "Reply" button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue "Log In" button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:
1 Like

Hi Eric,
I received the shipment of Durum wheat berries that you got back in stock, thanks for that since they are hard to find elsewhere and also for the quick service. When I get grain it is repackaged in quart mason jars which I’ve found to be conveniently sized. Normally the jars are just filled and stored but this time each one was weighed out of curiosity. I found that 750g or 1.65 pounds would fit, that much or a little more was put in each one. I calculated that it would take 12 jars to hold the 20 pounds. To my surprise and pleasure it took 13 quart jars plus a pint to accommodate the grain sent, that came to 10075g or 22.2 pounds, 11% over the package weight.
Breadtopia’s value for goods received has always been excellent, but I can think of no other endorsement that would illustrate it better. Thanks for being there for the baking community.
Stu Perkins

I think we need to recalibrate our scale :wink:

1 Like

I thought that might be the case. Just wanted you to know.

I am really taken with White Sonora wheat and would like to leave a review. I can’t figure out how since the button is missing from the discription page. Please help.
Stu

Looks like that was an oversight on our part. Fixed now. Review away!

Thanks!

Found Breadtopia two months ago and have been baking bread since.Ive triedt many different breads and have had good success following Eric’s tutorage.Tried my first couronne today crust was excellent crumb was excellent as was taste the only problem was that the crown never separated from the balls.Dough was very sticky

Just received two rattan proofing baskets with liners. Two different sizes. Very well satisfied with the quality, and as usual service was prompt. Keep up the good work!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Using Sourdough Starter in a bread machine

The wood pulp bannetons are terrific. With light flouring, even sticky dough doesn’t stick. Beautiful loaves!

1 Like

For a while, I was just reading this forum and it inspired me. I constantly did not like the bread from the store, at some point I realized that I was fed up with it and started baking it myself. The result pleases me, it’s quick, and most importantly, it’s an interesting activity :slight_smile:

Just want to thank you folks for excellent customer service and great products! Just received my second order from you and everything shipped promptly and exactly as described-thanks for operating such a fine enterprise. Jim Smith Summerfield NC

Hi Eric! This is Ashish from Mumbai, India. Due to the lockdown - was trying to bake some bread and failed multiple times. however, i stumbled on your video on youtube and i cannot thank you enough for the no knead sourdough bread recipe that you have shared. i baked and got there 95% and with a couple more tries will reach perfection! sincere thank you’s to you Eric! wish I could also buy products from your store…

1 Like

@ashishsodhani88 Welcome Ashish! I send you my best wishes and baking blessings from here in the desert southwestern USA. Back in February 2018 when I decided to try baking sourdough bread it was Eric’s no-knead basic sourdough recipe and video that got me started too! I’ve been baking all the bread for my husband and myself since then. I know your breads will be delicious because they’re obviously baked with love.

Stay safe and know your fellow bakers are with you in spirit and here for you on the forum.

Leah

Hi Ashish,

I’m so glad you’ve benefited from our site. It warms my heart to read your nice message. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,
Eric

1 Like

I LOVE your site and your store, and your tutorials. I feel calmer while reading anything on your website.
I came upon Breadtopia while looking for assistance in making bagels. My bagels are improving I am delighted to say.
I did expect to see that you were located in Vermont.

Thank you so very much.
Sincerely, Elizabeth Czhubirka Percival

@eczhubirka Baking blessings to you! I discovered Breadtopia back in 2018 when I determined I wanted to bake “real” bread and try my hand at sourdough. The website and Eric’s videos were informative and gave me the confidence to try my hand at bread, sourdough no less! Not only have I been successful, thanks to Breadtopia, but I haven’t bought bread from a store since then! I bake all the bread my sweet husband and I need and am loving it. I’ll admit I haven’t tried making bagels. I adore bagels; having grown up eating bagels – lots of bagels, LOL! Kudos to you. You’re baking something I’ve never tried to do!

Enjoy!
Leah

Leah, So very uplifting to read such an exciting/upbeat email! Thank you. Yesterday I made my 5th batch of bagels. The best thus far. my husband praised them. Not perfect yet, they are not looking much like Zabar’s round, donut-like bagels! I have not yet made any with sourdough. I plan to next time. I have not made bread in quite a while. I LOVE bread. So, perhaps I’ll take a wee break from bagels and make some bread. The very first loaf of bread I made was a brick! Ah, well.
Blessings to you, Elizabeth

1 Like

@eczhubirka Elizabeth, when I read the first loaf of bread you made was a brick, I started laughing SO hard BECAUSE it reminded me of a bread I tried making when I was a new bride (decades ago, many of them LOL). I tried this buckwheat recipe I had found. I had NO idea what buckwheat even was, let alone how to make bread with it. But the recipe was extremely easy to follow and so I did…only to make the most inedible, hard as a rock, extremely heavy BRICK! Honestly, you could have used this thing as a doorstop, which we actually DID (as a joke, just for the day and then we threw it away)! I think my sweet Stanley still remembers that attempt and is extremely glad that I now bake bread he’s very happy to eat.

Until you make a loaf of bread, enjoy those bagels (with a smear and a strong cuppa coffee or tea) and know I’ll be smiling.

Leah